Friday, December 5, 2008

Almost There!

Okay, fellow Nontrads, some of you are there, some of you are almost there! What am I talking about? FINALS!! We're almost finished wading through papers, presentations and exams. I still have a killer Anthropology exam to take Monday night. Yuk! My weekend will be spent studying. Out of three classes, that's my only final. My history prof this semester didn't believe in finals (is he a god??!!). I did well enough in my Spanish class that I don't have to take the final. Yea! I will be holed up at the library all weekend working on my study sheet and studying. Luckily, I did the extra credit and received all the points possible. Whew!! That will help.

If you're a first semester nontrad, how was it? If you're an experienced nontrad like me, I raise my glass to you and offer you encouragement to hang in there. One day, we will have our degrees in hand and it will all be worth it!

My plan for next semester is to attend school full time and work full time as well. Call me crazy. I will be entering the History Honors program in the hopes that it will give me a "leg up" to get into grad school. I'll keep you posted as to how I do with all that.

Again, I want to encourage all the first time nontrads - hang in there and keep going, even if it is just one class at a time! Returning nontrads - we're in this together! Send me a comment and let me know what your experience has been like!

No comments: