Friday, August 17, 2012

It's Been A While

Greetings, fellow nontrads! The University if Tennessee will begin classes in a few short days. Don't know if I told you, but I after getting my Bachelor's in History, I promptly got a job in the Department of Mathematics. I love it! I have been taking Master's classes in Human Resource Management. Haven't taken my GRE yet (I am terrified of it!!!) and have not been admitted into the program, but I have applied to the Graduate School as a non-degree seeking student. Will let you know how things go!

I have seen such an influx in nontraditional students on campus in the last year! I would attribute that to both the economy and early retirement buy-outs. What do you think? I am excited by the increase in nontrads. We help to bolster graduation rates since we are more apt to graduate within a few years than our younger counterparts.

I want to take this opportunity to encourage my fellow nontrads as they return to school - either online or on campus. You can do it!! Stay tuned . . .

No comments: