Thursday, March 10, 2011

Life Happens

As a nontraditional student, I have much more going on in my life than just school. I know y'all can relate. In the four years since I have gone back to school, one child has graduated from college, two children have graduated from high school, my dad died, my ex-husband attempted suicide, I got divorced, my son is getting married, and I have racked up countless miles going to high school and college volleyball tournaments. I still have a mortgage, household repairs, and the crazy details of life as a middle-aged single mom. Whew! The flurry of activity can be overwhelming, dizzying and just plain crazy sometimes.

Luckily I found a great man to share some of this with. His name is Bob, he's an engineer, he has two college-aged children and a dog, he is 6'4", he is 6 years older than me and he is a widower. He cycles in his spare time and is very mechanical. He reads a lot, too. He is very wise. We enjoy one anothers' company. We've seen plays, heard lectures, gone on walks, attended UT basketball games and survived a small home repair event. The next test of the relationship, according to Bob, will be a road trip. Hmm - the Biltmore in Asheville, NC perhaps??

I am set to graduate in May and know that life will not stop just because I am finally graduating. I will trade the academic world for the working world. My house and the mortgage will still be here. My children will still be here. My dogs will still be here. Bob will still be here. Life happens . . . . and it's a grand adventure!! Stay tuned . . .

No comments: