Thursday, March 10, 2011

Research Update

Now I know what it feels like to be a hound dog. I had a couple topics for my senior research paper. I sniffed around until something finally smelled real good. Now I am pursuing that delicious smell all the way to Nashville. No, it's not BBQ, but TDOT (Tennessee Department of Transportation). I contacted the assistant PR person at TDOT. She put me in touch with their librarian, whom I am meeting with on Monday. A good buddy of mine and I are driving to Nashville to see what Liz has for me. She said I'd be happy with what she found. Nothing like good archival information!

I have come to the conclusion that being a historian is like being a hound dog - figure out what that smell is and chase it down! Don't get distracted by other smells, but concentrate on that one thing and soon, you'll find the source and all will be well.

As I work on my research paper, I am reminded that this is what I love to do - research, write, and be a hound dog. I love being a student!!! Spring break is next week - the last spring break of my college career. Wow - it's gone by fast. Gotta get my nose to the ground!! Stay tuned . . .

No comments: