Friday, August 21, 2009

Back in the Saddle Again

All I have to say after my first "week" of classes is . . . wow. This is going to be a challenging semester. It has been a while since I've been on campus full time. The last time I did it, I was considerably younger. Still, I am looking forward to this semester.

I am taking sixteen hours. The course content is going to be so rich - cultural geography, Medieval history, the history of Mexico, physical geology and researching my senior thesis. I am looking forward to the challenges of this semester.

My boss also told me today that she will give me access to the vacant office next to hers so I will have somewhere to keep my books in between classes. I was flabbergasted! She said I could even come in after hours and use the office for a quiet place to study. That is very cool.

I know I can do the school thing, but can I do the full time school thing? That remains to be seen. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. I am confident I will be able to pull this off! Stay tuned . . .

1 comment:

Betsyanne (E Sheppard) said...

Your boss sounds really nice. I'm glad she did that.