Monday, August 17, 2009

. . . Go!

We're almost there! School starts in two days. My History Honors prof (senior thesis class) has already sent us a boatload of information to look over, read, etc. Ah, the life of a college senior.

I am looking forward to school. I love learning and being a student. This semester I have three history classes - Medieval History, The History of Mexico and History Honors. I will also be taking Cultural Geography and Geology 101 for a total of 16 hours. I think that's enough for one semester! This is the first time I will be on campus full time in almost 30 years.

Campus seems to be more crowded this year than last. Even last week, though we were between summer and fall semesters, it seemed there were quite a few students on campus already. Campus is usually more busy in the fall than in the spring. There are a few things I need to check on before class starts on Wednesday:

1. Classes: Where are my classes? Building and room number? I need to make sure there are no last minute classroom changes. I can check that by going online and accessing my schedule.
2. Supplies: I at least need to have one notebook and one pen before I start class on Wednesday. Do I have all my supplies?
3. Books: I still haven't purchased my books. I'll do that tomorrow - avoid the rush. I did not check this semester for cheaper books online. I will have to remember to do that next semester.
4. Schedule: this includes both work and class. I need to make sure I know when I am scheduled to work and how to coordinate my work and my class schedules.
5. Transportation: If I am going to drive to school, I need to make sure I get a parking pass. If I am taking the bus, I need to make sure I have my bus pass.

I think that's pretty much it. One of the nice things about working on campus this summer is that I have gotten to know my way around campus better. My boss sends me on errands all the time. I will not be one of those students with the deer in the headlights look. I will know where I am going!

My best to everyone as y'all gear up for the new school year. I raise my glass in a toast to all us nontrads - may this year bring new challenges, new friends, and also bring us closer to achieving our dreams! Bottoms up!! Stay tuned . . .

1 comment:

Betsyanne (E Sheppard) said...

Your post really took me back to those busy school times not so long ago when I was back at college. I look forward to hearing how it goes!