Thursday, October 22, 2009

Study Group

Last night, I had two study groups to attend. They overlapped, so I stayed longer at the one for the class I had an exam in today. I believe it helped.

I put an announcement on the board on Tuesday in Cultural Geography. My prof walked in, saw it and said that's the kind of thing she wanted to see in her class. Today she asked me how many people attended the study group. Out of a class of 25, we had 8 people, so that's about 1/3 of the class? She thought that was pretty good.

I don't mind studying solo, but there's just something about the interaction back and forth with other people that helps me to retain information longer.

How about you? Do you so well in study groups? They are another tool that's good to have in your "Success in School" toolbox. Use it! Stay tuned . . .

No comments: