Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Gearing Up for the New Semester

As I get ready for the new semester, I am both happy and sad - happy to almost have it over with (provided I pass Spanish) and sad to almost have it over with. This has been a great journey - being a nontraditional student. I would not trade this experience for anything!

As I prepare for the new, and hopefully my last, semester, I need to keep in mind the following:
1. Finish strong! Now is not the time to slack off, but to put my all into my classes and resolve to d and be my best.
2. Study hard! Again, no slacking off just because it's my last semester. I will give grace where grace is due, but for the most part, I will need to focus and make sure I am ready for exams, projects, etc.
3. Laugh alot and smile even more! Happiness is a choice, not a circumstance. I am glad I was able to go back to school and I look forward to what lies ahead!
4. Say "Thank you" - ALOT!! To my profs, my classmates, my co-workers and my family.
5. Remember that . . . "It's great to be a Tennessee Vol!!" Give back to my school when I have the opportunity.
6. Look forward, not backward.

I have a sign on my desk that says, "God grant me today, for tomorrow is gone and I can't change the past." Head up, eyes ahead and moving forward! The goal is in sight - I graduate May 13th at 8:30am. Stay tuned . . .

1 comment:

Betsyanne (E Sheppard) said...

Your last semester? I can see how it would be exciting and also sort of a letdown that it is all ending. Kind of like people who have acted in movie series, who have made friends and enjoy the lifestyle too.
Maybe you can take more classes later. Have a wonderful semester!