As I get ready for the new semester, I am both happy and sad - happy to almost have it over with (provided I pass Spanish) and sad to almost have it over with. This has been a great journey - being a nontraditional student. I would not trade this experience for anything!
As I prepare for the new, and hopefully my last, semester, I need to keep in mind the following:
1. Finish strong! Now is not the time to slack off, but to put my all into my classes and resolve to d and be my best.
2. Study hard! Again, no slacking off just because it's my last semester. I will give grace where grace is due, but for the most part, I will need to focus and make sure I am ready for exams, projects, etc.
3. Laugh alot and smile even more! Happiness is a choice, not a circumstance. I am glad I was able to go back to school and I look forward to what lies ahead!
4. Say "Thank you" - ALOT!! To my profs, my classmates, my co-workers and my family.
5. Remember that . . . "It's great to be a Tennessee Vol!!" Give back to my school when I have the opportunity.
6. Look forward, not backward.
I have a sign on my desk that says, "God grant me today, for tomorrow is gone and I can't change the past." Head up, eyes ahead and moving forward! The goal is in sight - I graduate May 13th at 8:30am. Stay tuned . . .