Monday, September 7, 2009

Saints, Spaniards and Swine Flu

Whew! My family is finally over the swine flu. My daughter had it worse than I did - she ran a fever of 102+ for a couple of days. We both got on Tamiflu which is a wonder drug! My sympathies to anyone who gets the swine flu. Make sure you go to the doc, get diagnosed and get Tamiflu.

Megan missed three days of school and I missed two. I found out that schoolwork, like laundry, multiplies exponentially. I missed one day in each of my five classes. I may has well have missed a month. Even though I did work at home while I was sick, it still seems like it piled up on me.

Tomorrow (Tuesday), I have a paper due in my Cultural Geography class. I know what the paper is supposed to be about, but I am having a hard time putting it into words. I have an exam in my History of Mexico class a week from tomorrow. I got an "A" on my medieval History Map quiz. I knew I'd ace that one.

My History of Mexico exam will be about how the Spaniards' arrival changed the lives of the indigenous peoples in Central Mexico and Oxaca. The next exam for Medieval History will include some of the writings of St. Augustine as he voiced opposition to the rise of Arianism in the early church.

Wow. Lots of stuff to do in the next two weeks. And on top of that? I am helping to coordinate the logistics for an Electrical Engineering conference at UT at the end of October. That requires getting online to find the department heads for over 200 college Electrical Engineering programs. I have nothing else to do! (groan!)

Will I be able to keep all these balls in the air? Hope so! Stay tuned . . .

No comments: