It's that time again - we have less than six weeks left of school. Where did this semester go?? Exams, papers, projects - all seem to be due at the same time. So, what do you do if you are facing multiple assignments due at the same time? Try a few of these tips:
1. Write the assignment due dates down on a calendar so you can see how much time you have between each assignment.
2. Prioritize. If an assignment is due in one of your more difficult classes, start that assignment first.
3. Once you know what the assignment is, get started on it. There is nothing wrong with starting a paper two weeks ahead of the due date.
4. Once the assignment is complete, put it someplace where you won't lose it (flashdrive, folder, etc.). This sounds like common sense, but you'd be surprised at how easily assignments can get lost.
5. DON'T PROCRASTINATE!! Learn to say "No" to those non-essential life activities. If you explain to the PTA president that you are a nontraditional student and have a major paper due, she will cut you some slack on those 3 dozen cupcakes.
Time management, delegation of duties, learning to say, "No" - these are all good things for nontrads to learn. This is a season in your life and once you get through it and have that degree, perhaps once again you'll have time to bake 3 dozen cupcakes. Right now, papers and exams take priority over cupcakes. Hang in there! Stay tuned . . .