Tuesday, May 10, 2011

No Homework

Not sure what to do with myself now that I don't have any homework to do every night- no papers to write, no verb declensions to study, no books to read, and no information to memorize. Hmm - what to do?

This is an unusual place for me to be because for the past four years, I have been going to school non-stop as well as working part time and Momming full time. I won't be here long, though, because I will be taking a summer school class. Imagine the looks I am going to get when I introduce myself and say, "I already graduated. I am just taking this class for fun."

As an employee of the university, I can take classes for free (up to 9 hours). So, as long as I am taking the classes for free, why not take something I like (that is also available at night)? I am going to take Cultural Anthropology on Wednesday nights this summer. I have already taken Cultural Geography - it is going to be interesting to see where the two intersect. That's another cool aspect of taking a class a semester - where does all this knowledge intersect? Is it at the spatial perfect storm? The intellect's whirlpool that leads to an upside-down world of rational free-floating inquisitive thought? Maybe it will just all make sense some day.

For now, I am basking in the glow of no homework, another successful semester and graduation. Homework will come soon enough and then I will probably complain about the amount of reading and writing I will have to do for class. Come Friday, I will finally have my Bachelor's degree in something I like. That will be a huge accomplishment!! Stay tuned . . .

No comments: