Friday, December 12, 2008

Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained

I am on the emailing list for the History Department at UT, so I receive all sorts of interesting emails pertaining to my major. That's how I found about the need for volunteers at the East Tennessee Historical Society, the Baker Center Scholar program and the EUReCA program (Exhibition of Undergraduate Research and Creative Activity). I received an email yesterday about a Archive Intern position at the Women's Basketball Hall of Fame. It sounds like it would be right up my alley and what I want to do with my degree. The only drawback is that it is a non-paid intern position. Hmmm. I decided I will apply for it. If I don't get it, nothing lost. I still have my full-time job (that pays ok) and I can keep plugging along. Still, it would be great to have the experience under my belt. We'll see what happens.

No comments: