Friday, December 19, 2008

WBHOF Archive Internship Interview

I have an interview with the Women's Basketball Hall of Fame on January 8. They may want someone younger and with more experience than me. However, as I have stated before - nothing ventured, nothing gained. I have never interviewed in the "museum world" before, so this will be good experience. Life is an adventure to be lived. My children are almost out of the house, so I am able to risk a little more now than when they were younger.

Is it scary? Yes, because what if? What if I am offered the internship? I would have to quit my 26K a year job and live on my husband's salary or at least find a part time job. And in this economy, it may not be so easy to find another job. There is a great deal to think about here. I will take it one step at a time. After all, no use worrying about what might be when it isn't even, knowhatimean??

2 comments:

aboutdeb said...

Go for it, Zickbee. Jump! I'm so happy you have an interview scheduled. Good luck. You'll do great. Who could be better for the job than someone who loves both history and basketball. You're perfect for the job!
I blogged about you today. :-)

Deb Peterson
Guide to Continuing Education
About.com
http://adulted.about.com/

Betsyanne (E Sheppard) said...

Whichever way it turns out, good luck on your interview and job choice. I think it's really great they are interested! It must make you feel good about that.