Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Hangin' in There

Time for another progress report. I got a D on my first Econ exam. The teacher said it's my final average that matters. I told him this grade (68) will pull down my final average. That's a tad disappointing. I will have to work extra hard to pull that average back up. I'm up for the challenge! Don't know how I did on my Spanish exam. Several classmates thought they did not do that well.

Meanwhile, I am trudging through my other classes. It looks as though the majority of my siblings will be out in Arizona at the same time I am to see my Dad. That's a good thing. I keep expecting a phone call that he has passed in his sleep. This is very hard on all of us, especially my youngest sister.

I found out that I did not make the cut for the Baker Scholar program. That's okay - nothing ventured, nothing gained. I am going to submit my application to be a peer advisor. If I get that position, it means that I will need to quit my full time job. That's what I have wanted to do anyway. It will allow me to go to school full time. My employer informed me last week that after this semester, I will not be able to take any more day classes. If I can get a part time job on campus, I will be able to work that and go to school full time. Right now, my schooling is most important. I don't want to be in school for the next three years because I can only go to school at night, though.

The semester gets more difficult as time goes on, but I am hanging in there with everything - school, my Dad, etc. Stay tuned . . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Something always has to give, one of my friends worked part time most of the way through her full time degree - finally she had to stop working - there is no point doing a degree as a mature student only to fail it because of work. If you can manage its best to either lose the fulltime job or do the degree part-time - another compromise but that is what being a mature student is all about.