Friday, December 11, 2009

Ahhhhh!

I am finally finished with school for the semester. Still waiting on History prof's decision about my senior thesis. Hoping that decision will come sometime today. There is a saying; "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade!" If I am unable to continue on in the history honors program, I will regroup and find direction elsewhere. I know it will not mean the end of my college career.

I am looking forward to some much needed down time - spent with my family and friends, getting my house and garage organized and just not doin' much o' nuthen!

When I walked to the bus stop yesterday, I discovered my Geography prof was also waiting there. We had a nice chat about my future plans. She is a great teacher - very enthusiastic about her subject. I told her that, too. I believe that if I have a prof/teacher who is good at their job, I need to tell them. I'm sure they get more than their share of complaints. It is as important for the students to encourage their profs as it is for the profs to encourage their students.

I started my new job for the Electrical Engineering Department. My boss said she, the department head and I will be meeting after the first of the year to give me some more direction on this project. In the meantime, I am researching other EECS websites, making notes, and formulating a new layout for the UT EECS website. I am taking advantage of this time to get my ideas organized so I can present them in a coherent manner and make a difference in the department. The researching skills I am learning in school are coming in handy for this project.

I hope to have some answers about my senior thesis soon. Stay tuned . . .

No comments: