Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Winding It Down

Reading a few other blogs, about sharing this season, brain food, etc. I soon will have time to stop, breathe and read other blogs. Cool!

I have one last final tomorrow - Medieval History. This has been a challenging semester - some semesters are more challenging than others. This semester was challenging because I was on campus full time for the first time in almost 30 years. It was also a financial challenge because I quit my full time job, so our household budget took a bit of a hit. Still, it has proved to be a good thing. I start a part time job with the Electrical Engineering Dept. ASAP, but will still be hanging out here in the Computer Science Department. The new job is twice the pay, which is good. It will most likely work into something full time once I graduate. That's good, too.

I am reassessing the Master's Degree thing. May stay on campus and get a Master's in Adult Education. That's something I looked at a couple days ago. Not sure yet, but like my Mom told me recently, "You have your whole life ahead of you."

I am looking forward to the quietness between semesters. I am looking forward to spending time with my children. I am looking forward to finally getting around to cleaning out my garage (groan!). There's so much I need to get done that has been waiting for me. Time to start paying attention to stuff on the homefront.

My youngest son, who recently broke his ankle in two places (long story), likes to pick out a theme for Christmas. This year, he suggested a "Smooth Jazz" Christmas. Should be interesting. Not quite sure what he has in mind, but I'm sure we will soon find out! I am looking forward to his creativity.

What are your plans for the holidays? What are you going to do with your semester break? I hope you take this time to recharge, refresh and renew. Stay tuned . . .

No comments: