Monday, April 13, 2009

Something to Think About

I got a few new comments from "Studentmum". She says the didn't realize mature students were referred to as "Non-traditional" or "Nontrads". Studentmum has alot of good things to say. One thing she says is that there comes a point where one has to make a choice between working full time or pursuing one's degree full time. I am at that point. I want to pursue my degree full time. I am actively pursuing a part-time job. My degree is my future, not my job. Besides, I don't like being treated like I don't know anything. I have been at my job for 4-1/2 years - I think I know what I'm doing. But, I digress.

I am excited about the future - summer school, fall semester and beyond. I'm excited for my children, too. My oldest son will be doing his Master's work at UT, so we will both be on the same campus next year. My middle son is almost finished with his first year of college. And my daughter will be a high school senior next year. There are many things to look forward to in the coming months.

Studentmum has given me a great deal to think about as I gear up to finish up this semester. Finals in two weeks! Stay tuned . . .

2 comments:

Betsyanne (E Sheppard) said...

I really like your hike photos. They are good!

Also, it must be kind of (really!) fun to be going to school while your son is too.

I like your blog too. Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

In the UK we are just called 'mature' although mature means anyone over 21 and when I did my Access (Return to Study) course anyone over 19 was considered mature! Mt 14yr old is more 'mature' than some of them appeared to be. I personally don't like the term - I think your 'Non-trad' sounds much better.