Sunday, April 19, 2009

Time Management

Just got back from a weekend volleyball tournament in Atlanta with Megan and Mike (husband). Whew! Megs' team did not advance out of the quarterfinals. They were disappointed even though they played their hearts out. The match went to a tie breaker game that they lost by two points.

I should have included Larry the Laptop in that list of tournament attendees. I have mentioned Larry before. He helps me with my time management. One thing I have learned from being a nontrad (and oh, there are so many wonderful things one learns as a nontrad - groan!) is how to manage my time. Whether it's on the bus, on my lunch hour, in the car on the way to a volleyball tournament, in between games at a volleyball tournament or during a time out and halftime at one of Megan's basketball games - I am reading, typing up notes, typing up a paper, looking up sources, etc. When one is working full time and going to school full time, one cannot afford to waste any time.

I've had several people ask me, "Don't you have time for fun?" On occasion. We've gone to UT Vol basketball games, on a hike in the Smokies, out to dinner, etc. I'd like to hike the Smokies more, though. I am hoping a part time job will allow me more time for and to myself. I've also had several people tell me to take more time for myself since I am the only one who can do that. The semester will be ending in a couple of weeks. I will take the time to breath and chillax then. I don't have to be in summer school until July.

That's one thing I am learning as a nontrad - take time for myself. I am not very good about that - just taking time to do nothing - because there is always something that needs to be done (schoolwork, housework, etc.). E. Sheppard goes on some really cool adventures. I need to be more like her.

Looking forward to some time management for myself! Stay tuned . . .

No comments: