Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The Light at the End of the Tunnel

I am almost there! I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. The last day of classes for this semester is December 1. Exams start December 3. I was excited when this semester began, but I am also excited that it will be ending soon. I fully expect to have some profound observations after finals.

As usual, I cannot believe the semester is almost over. Where has the time gone? I hope to make the Dean's List this semester. I usually set goals before the start of each semester. I am not sure if I have met some of those goals yet. It will depend on how well I do on my finals.

Setting goals is always a good thing - it gives us direction. In the midst of a crazy semester when we wonder, "What the heck?", our goals will help to keep us focused. These are just a few of the goals I set:

1. Survive being on campus full time.
2. Focus and apply myself toward getting good grades (translation: get all A's!).
3. Get to know more people on campus.
4. Get to know more people in the History department.
5. Don't stress out over research papers.

There have been some interesting things happen in my classes this semester as a result of my goals. I am part of a study group in Geology. My study buddies are less than half my age. It's fun. I have written two book reviews and had two exams that have been research papers. I have gotten to know the secretary in the History department.

I will be glad to get this semester over with so I can concentrate on my home and my family. I also need to get geared up for next semester. There is light at the end of the tunnel and I have every confidence it is not a train. Stay tuned . . .

No comments: