Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Winding Down Again

Next week is the last day of classes here at the University of Tennessee. I think some of my classmates have already experienced "the last day" as some of them have not been to class in over a month. I don't know how people do that. I have to be in the classroom, taking notes and interacting with the other students and the professor - that's just my learning style -- hands on.

As this semester rapidly comes to a close, I am hard-pressed to say anything bad about it. Some of my classmates have moaned and groaned and have had nothing good to say. Even though some of my classes were a challenge (especially the one I struggled to stay awake in!), I have enjoyed every one of them. Perhaps that is a fundamental difference between nontrads and other students - most of the time, we enjoy the learning process.

I am a pack rat - I hate to throw anything away. I have kept my notes from classes I took two years ago! You just never know when you may be called upon to know something from a past class and instead of resorting to memory, you can refer back to your notes. I may need a bigger flashdrive for that as well!!

I enjoy school for a number of reasons - the learning, the social interaction, the real world human behavior lab a college campus represents, the cultural activities, etc. I enjoy being part of a culture that is so alive, dynamic and in constant flux. I may just have to major in "Student". Is there a graduate degree available in that? Hmmm. Stay tuned . . . .

No comments: