Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Are You Ready??

I enjoy reading other nontrads' blogs. Studentmum is one of my favorites. She writes about trying to get an essay done while not particularly in the mood to do so. Been there, done that, had the writer's block to prove it. I hope she can find the motivation to crank that puppy out!

I just got an email from my Studies in British History professor welcoming us to the class and preparing us for the semester. Mind you, classes begin a week from tomorrow. I guess she wants to be able to sort out the slackers from the serious students ahead of time. If that were the only class I was taking, that would be the only class I was taking, knowhatimean? This looks to be one of those classes that one spends 40 hours a week on with homework and reading. Yikes! (I have no life, I have no life . . .).

Luckily, it's going to be just me and Megan this semester, so there shouldn't be that many distractions. It's a good thing this prof is letting us know what to expect. I wish more profs would do that. I don't know about you, but I have been exposed to as many teaching styles in my college career as there are species of salamanders in the Little Pigeon River (and that's alot!). Some profs prepare their classes ahead of time, others just jump headlong into it on the first day.

Am I ready to start spring semester? I am getting there (groan!). How about you - are you ready? What will it take to get ready? Have you bought supplies, textbooks, filled up your "volcard", figured out where your classes are? If not, you better get crackin'! Classes here start in one week! Stay tuned . . .

1 comment:

Lola said...

Never mind about classes starting - my first exam is on Monday. I'm just about getting to the state of trepidation that makes me spend all day at my desk.

I know what you mean about the different styles of teaching and preparation. I've been lucky - only one REALLT bad lecturer so far, and one who's just been bad. That's a pretty good score.