Friday, January 9, 2009

The First Day

Yesterday was the first day of the new semester for me. I also had the interview with the Woman's Basketball Hall of Fame for the Archive Intern position.

School went well. I am looking forward to the new semester. My classes will be challenging, but I like that. I've already pegged a couple of over achievers in my Econ class that I can go head to head with. Don't underestimate this old lady. I can be as competitive as the next guy. Did I mention I'm a member of Phi Alpha Theta, the History honorary society at UT, as well as a member of Phi Kappa Theta (the honorary society for 2-year institutions of higher learning)? I belong to three professional history organizations as well. But, I digress.

The WBHOF position looks interesting and it would be good experience. However, during this economic downturn, I'm not so sure that quitting my job is the best thing to do. Will an opportunity like this come along again? Probably not. I already have a great deal going on this semester and I don't need the added stress of worrying about finances. Even though working full time and going to school full time will be stressful, I think having to worry about keeping my house would be even more stressful. I am building some good relationships with the folks at the East Tennessee Historical Society. Perhaps that will lead to something when I am ready.

In the meantime, I will continue to keep plugging along and enjoy another semester of being a student, employee and Mom. Stay tuned . . . .

No comments: