Thursday, January 22, 2009

Moving Right Along - Chapter Two

I am now officially in school full time. I attended my Spanish class at Pellissippi State last night. There are six of us from the class last semester. We huddled in one corner of the class together, sharing laughs and camaraderie. There are twenty people in the class. The professor is from Venezuela. She is about five feet tall with shoulder length brown hair. She wears a pair of glasses that make her eyes look really big - almost bug-like. She is funny. She asked us a couple times, "Is my English okay tonight?" I think it's going to be a good class.

We're having some great discussions in my History Honors class. Getting to the class is a workout in itself! I park a good half a mile away and have to walk uphill the whole way to get there. I can make it from where I park to the class in 10 minutes if I walk really fast! This morning, the elevator in the building was having problems, so I not only walked quickly to class, I also had to run up four flights of stairs. Whew! By the time I got to class, I was out of breath. Great workout! I took my time walking back to my car after class.

Tuesdays and Thursdays are my long days because I have History in the morning and Economics at night. I usually make sure I have more than just Soup at Hand for lunch on those days since I won't get around to eating dinner - either late or at all.

My running shoes are laced up, I've a good stride going and I hope to settle into my groove here before too long. Stay tuned . . .

No comments: