Thursday, January 29, 2009

Happy Birthday!

Today was a special day for me. My oldest child, aka The Prototype, Aaron, turned 22. I am so proud of him! He is dual majoring in German and Communications at Berea College in Berea, KY. I told him that it's amazing he is 22 when I don't look at day over 35!

Aaron informed me last week he wants to continue his education to get his PhD. I can see him dual-Mastering in German and Communications and dual-PhD-ing in those as well. If anyone can do that, it's Aaron. He speaks German fluently and has been a communicator since birth. It's scary.

Aaron has an uncanny gift for voices, accents, etc. He reminds me of the late Mel Blanc (the voice of Bugs Bunny, Porky Pig and so many other wonderful cartoon characters). One of my favorite voices Aaron does is "German Yoda". That one sends me into incredible fits of uncontrollable laughter that make my ribs hurt.

Aaron is planning on getting engaged sometime this spring/summer to his girlfriend of almost 3 years, Ashley. She's a very nice young lady that I don't mind having as a daughter-in-law. She will be a great addition to our family. My other two children love her as well.

I am very proud of Aaron - of the child he was and of the man he is becoming. I wish him well in the future as he and Ashley build their lives together. One thing, though. I'm not ready to be a grandmother just yet. I'm too young!!

Stay tuned . . .

No comments: