Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Off and Running!

I feel like I've run a 10k marathon and I haven't even been in school a week yet! This is going to be challenging semester - have I said that before? As I write this, I am in the library, taking a break from typing up my notes from Anthropology (5 pages handwritten, front and back, college-ruled notebook) on Monday night. I type my notes because it helps to organize my thoughts. It also helps to organize my notes more since I make little notations here and there in my notes (drawing arrows because this comment might go under that point or that comment might go under this point). I usually study off my typed notes.

The library isn't too crowded tonight. I know it will get more crowded as the semester goes on. My daughter wants to come study with me. She likes to come look at all the hot college guys. Typical 17-year old.

I ordered a laptop computer today. My office supply company account manager gave me a good deal on it (thanks, Will! You're the best!). Of course, once my son, Aaron (the college senior) heard about all the bells and whistles it had on it, he wanted to trade me his 2-year old laptop for my brand-new one. I said, "Uh, no. This baby's mine!" So, I will have a new toy by the end of the week.

Can't spend too much time blogging tonight. Need to get back to typing notes. Going to be a challenging semester. Hmmm - seems to me I may have mentioned that once already, or twice, or three times . . . Stay tuned . . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I got my own laptop last year - no one else is allowed to touch it!

mature students are very possesive!

It does make life much easier, no arguing about who gets what pc time, and no need to take fiddly usb's into the LRC - and lose them!