Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Spring Break in the Southwest

I have been in the sunny Southwest since Sunday. As usual, it is nice and sunny and hot here. The temps are 10 degrees above normal, which means Phoenix is supposed to be in the 90's this week. Yikes! I stayed up until 11:00 last night Arizona time (2am ET) working on my Anthropology paper and getting caught up on emails. Whew!

My Dad looks older and slower. Otherwise, he is still there. That's good. My sister and brother and I are doing projects around the house for Mom. It's good to be here and share stories and hang out with them. My family thinks I'm crazy for bringing my school work to do on spring break when I am supposed to be relaxing and having a good time. I need to make sure I make the best use of my time. Bringing my school work with me is making the best use of my time. I will take some time to relax and enjoy my family, though. All work and no play makes for a very dull girl - I know!

I promised pictures of the sunny Southwest. I hope I'll be able to get some downloaded on here. Stay tuned . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your father is still hanging in there and he will be in my prayers. Don't forget to enjoy at least some of your break. I can't say that I don't know what it's like to work over spring break, though because I'm doing the same thing. But just don't forget to have some fun! :-)

~Ray~