Friday, March 27, 2009

The Wall

I've heard that when one is running a marathon, there is a point during the race when one "hits the wall". I believe that is a point of total physical exhaustion due to the intense physical activity, yet one knows one must keep going in order to finish the race. I'm there.

I have hit the wall with just about five weeks left in the semester. I am totally exhausted from staying up late to do homework and getting up early to go to work. My interest level has waned, even though I still love being a student and I know I have a goal to accomplish.

However, I think my exhaustion has very little to do with school. It has everything to do with other things going on in my life - a work situation that is not going well, a marriage that is on the brink of collapse, and a beloved family member who is fighting cancer. School is easy compared to everything else. I need to stay focused because I can see the finish line and I know the goal is in sight. I can't do anything about my Dad. I've done my best in my marriage. I've been above reproach at work. These things will eventually work themselves out.

In the meantime, I am hoping to be able to chillax tonight and sleep in tomorrow morning. I need some down time. Stay tuned . . .

No comments: